Life is a series of choices and decisions. If you have been faced with a choice of how to advance your career, business, team, or big picture dreams, you’ve made the right decision to learn more about how a career coach can help you.
Every person and situation is unique but here are a few examples of clients I’ve had the pleasure of working with:
- Professionals at a cross-road with career development who want to reach the next level
- Individuals who have lost their focus or personal/professional balance and need to develop a plan that will help them break out of a rut
- Executives who think they are self-aware but may be receiving conflicting messages from peers, direct reports or board members
- Work teams struggling in the storming-norming-forming cycles – these teams often need an effective facilitator to help them cut through the clutter and reach their goals
Here’s how I can help you:
Professional Career Coaching
My professional career coaching is a one-on-one development process. I have helped my clients advance in their current career, transition to a new career, create a career road map to guide them in achieving long-term goals, achieve better work-life balance, and use emotional intelligence to navigate difficult people or situations in business. Specific services include:
- Interview Training
- Resume Rewrites
- Career Growth Coaching
- Leadership Training
- Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence Development
Group Training and Workshops
For large and small businesses alike, engaging a professional coach has proven to be a vital tool for training and developing teams. Depending upon your needs and the size of your team, I can present a full or half day workshop on any of the following topics. Have an issue not listed below that’s causing you heart burn? Please contact me and I will be happy to develop a customized presentation that meets your specific needs.
- Effective Communication and Collaboration
- Using Feedback to Improve Teams
- Working with Difficult People
- Work-Life Balance: Is There Such a Thing?
My role as a facilitator is to be an objective moderator, helping your group participate in productive conversation and idea sharing. I will take a step back from the detailed content and personal opinions to focus purely on the “group process.” That process includes managing discussions, getting the best from all members, and reaching a successful decision, solution, or conclusion. I will:
- Gain a better understanding of the background and context of the issue(s) at hand
- Work with you to determine your group’s desired outcome
- Design and plan the group process and select the facilitation tools that best fit your situation
- Guide and control the entire process
- Record questions, actions, and outcomes
- Check in to ensure follow-through on action items
“A more confident future”
When I began working with Wendra, I had an unconscious fear of not being good enough - despite my extensive experience, education, and proven success. Many conversations would start by me sharing a challenge or frustration in my career. Wendra would ask the right questions and encouraged me to dig deep to find the answers. Those answers eventually led to the realization that most issues stemmed from a lack of faith in myself and my abilities. Changes didn't happen over night but I eventually transitioned to a place where I felt empowered to pick my head up, acknowledge my strengths and proceed with confidence. Look out world!
— Erin B.
"Wonderful and surprising experience!"
Wendra’s strong business acumen provided a valuable resource when working on career goals and developing stronger working relationships with clients and members of my own team. I was able to turn strategy into action immediately and learned more by reflecting on my progress each week. Wendra holds you accountable for your goals and uses techniques that bring you to your "aha" moments. Post-coaching I have a structure to guide myself through new challenges and feel in control of my path forward.
— Leah H.
“Create your best self”
One the great benefits of working with Wendra is the way she models best practices in communication and accountability. She is a change agent, and I started seeing immediate benefits in our first session. I came to that first session with an uncomfortable mixture of hope and fear and walked out with the start of a plan that made me excited to do the work. Of course, doing the work requires a great deal of vulnerability, and Wendra is exceptional at creating an environment of trust and support that has sustained me on this path. If you are wanting something better out of your career or life's work but are unsure how to get there, Wendra can help. She will help you recognize your best self and ignite the courage in you to pursue it."
— Brad H.